Monday, June 18, 2012

And They're Off!

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father's Day. I had a great day except for falling off of a ladder after I got stung in the face by a hornet! Luckily, my years of watching action movies helped me to brace my fall to live another day.

On Saturday we held a wonderful graduation ceremony at the Onondaga County War Memorial. This was a very special class that became close through loss. This class had amazing inner strength and resolve as well. The icing on the cake was being able to watch graduate Tyler Zapisek descend the stairs after receiving his diploma and finding his father there waiting for him. His dad has been deployed and away since March 1, and Tyler had no idea that he would be able to make it back to see him graduate. Pretty amazing to watch. A link to my graduation speech can be found by clicking here. With this graduation in the books, I am officially the parent of a senior. Unbelievable to think that in less than a year I will be handing him his diploma; considering both of my boys have never known me as anything other than superintendent and dad.

I am keeping this message short as we wrap up the school year. If you are able to follow me on Twitter, I will be in every building and hope to capture what it looks like to finish a school year in the elementary buildings.

Have a wonderful week-

Chris