Neither are designed to make money; they are designed to promote togetherness. We are going to evaluate both events and make some decisions moving forward. Thanks again to all who attended and volunteered!
Open Houses are a Success: I would also like to thank our parents for their attendance at our Open Houses. We often have close to 100% attendance at Open Houses, and that is a sure sign that we are all connected and working together.
As much as it seems like a social hour for us as parents to catch up with our friends and neighbors, it is also an opportunity to:
- see your child's teachers in action,
- see how your child’s personality connects to that of their teachers,
- see how the teachers are going to communicate with both our children and us,
- what the grading policies are,
- how their room is designed and decorated, but
- probably the most significant thing you can pick up at Open House is a teacher's desire.
If you are one of the few thinking twice about attending Open Houses, please attend. I guarantee it will be worth the traffic, late dinner, and your time! Also, you will establish communication with your child’s teachers and principal, and you never know when you will need each other.
Enjoy the week!