First, it is my pleasure to let you know that our student athletes in Boys Swimming and Diving as well as Indoor Track did very well in their New York State Championships this past weekend.
In Swimming and Diving:
- Ryan Hagadorn placed 17th in the Breaststroke.
- The team of Nathan Gdula, Evan Tuthill, Ryan Hagadorn, and Matthew Shoults placed 22nd in the 200 yd Freestyle Relay.
- The team of Brian Salmons, Ryan Hagadorn, Nathan Gdula, and Evan Tuthill placed 32nd in the 200 yd Medley Relay.
- Nathan Gdula placed 32nd in 50 yd Freestyle event.
- Peter Bowman placed 29th in diving.
In the New York State Indoor Track Championship:
- The Girls 4x400 Relay were medal winners for the second consecutive year. Carly Benson, Megan Delia, Emily Young, and Kendall Dombroske raced to an 8th place Federation medal finish after qualifying for the final in that event.
- Carly Benson also competed in the 600 meter, Megan Delia in the 300 meter, and Emily Young in the 1000 meter events.
- Senior David Leff raced a season personal best as he placed 16th in the 1600 meter state final.
Girls Basketball in Regional Competition: The girls basketball team will play in the New York State quarterfinal this Saturday at 4:00 p.m. at in the Allyn Hall Gymnasium at Onondaga Community College against Shenendehowa. Tickets are available at the door for $8, and we hope to see another great crowd for that game.
Artwork at the Everson Museum: While I have you reading, hats off to eighth grader Gabrielle Mitchell, who had her artwork selected (only 32 in Central New York were chosen) to be on display at the Everson Museum. Her piece? A picture of Ava Propper, the Syracuse.com Spelling Bee Champion!
Great stuff all around. Enjoy the rest of the week and Go Wildcats!