Monday, June 24, 2013

Time for Summer

I think I have gained about five pounds from attending so many graduation parties over the weekend! It is hard to believe that I am finishing my fifth year as Superintendent of our District. As many of you know, I was born and raised on the west side and it is a privilege to be able to come back home and lead such an incredible community.

We have certainly been through some good times; and some not so good times. We have been to the highest of highs together academically, in our fine arts, and athletics; and have shared the lowest of lows together when we lost staff and students. Through it all, we have become an even stronger school community and have shown those outside of our community what true teamwork, trust, and cooperation looks like. I am very proud of all that we have accomplished.

I am also very happy to be able to tell you that the Board of Education has extended my contract through at least 2018. This gives us plenty of time to continue on the path we started, and allows me to continue to lead us through unprecedented change in education. My family and I are truly blessed and appreciative to be home and to be working with such great people in this community. Thank you for your continued support.

Over the summer, I am going to be working (of course!), but I will be taking a couple of weeks off from writing in my blog. I hope that you enjoy the start to what will hopefully be a great summer in Syracuse, New York!

Thanks,

Chris