Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and Other Adventures

Before I shut down the blog and Twitter account for the Thanksgiving Holiday I wanted to thank all of you for your continued support. We are doing some wonderful things for our children and it shows. You have every right to be proud of where you live. From a statistical (and quite boring, frankly) view we tax the least, yet produce the best academic results around. From a real life, and I think better way to look at things, we have students who are well rounded. They give for the sake of giving and at the same time they achieve. I know that I am thankful for the opportunities that this school is providing my own children and I also recognize and thank the community for the support to make it all possible.

Later today we will have a Blue Ribbon School celebration for Split Rock (a larger celebration for the community Will be in the Spring) and we will raise the Blue Ribbon Flag for the first time. Thanks to Bonnie Russell we have figured out how to post pictures so expect some pictures of the event later today to be here and on our main website.

We will be holding our mid-year National Honor Society induction on November 30th and our H1N1 vaccination clinic appears to still be on schedule for December 2nd.

As I mentioned at the top of this post I am shutting down Twitter and my blog until next week so I can try to enjoy some time with my family. I hope that you are able to do the same.

Please accept my best wishes for a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Please do not forget to thank those who are in our armed services and will not be able to enjoy time with their family and friends.

Take care-

Chris