Monday, June 23, 2014

Finishing Touches

Each year around graduation time I can't sleep, have trouble eating, and run off a lot of nervous energy. I always want everything to be perfect for our students and families at graduation; after all, it is the last time that the students are together as a group.

We have used the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College for a second year now, and I am very happy that we made the change. Our graduation was wonderful. It fills me with pride to be the first person to shake the hands of our graduates as they come across the stage to receive their diplomas.

Equally fun for me, is my vantage point when the graduates all throw their caps into the air and celebrate being graduates. I then get to mingle with families and see many former graduates, moms, dads, grandparents and relatives.

Thanks to the nearly 5,000 people who attended and helped make this event so special. I hope that you found the ceremony to be joyful. I am semi-excited about next year.  My youngest son graduates next year which will leave an empty nest, so I hope the year will go forward in slow motion!

This week features the completion of exams, several elementary moving up ceremonies, and final paperwork for the school year. I intend to give each student one final goodbye for the summer, as we get things ready for what will surely be a busy summer.

Enjoy the weather, the week, and your family. If you follow on Twitter, this is the last week for the joke of the day as well. I never knew how much of a challenge it would be to find a clean, 140 character joke for each day this year!

Thank you for your continued support.

Chris